Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome to the New World Order

I still can't accurately express how I feel today. I don't know if it's really hit me. I don't know if it will really sink in until after inauguration.Republicans make fun of Democrats for their rock-star worship of Barack---... President-Elect Barack Obama. But I think there's something more.

Sarah Palin was promoted as an every-woman, as a soccer mom and Joe Six-Pack. But the real every-man is Obama. He didn't grow up in power. He didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth. He grew up from virtual poverty. He had to work, blood sweat and tears, to get where he is. He really does know the American people, because he has been one from the start. When I see him I see a man that I could know. I don't mean that I could see myself having a beer with him. I mean I feel like I've already met him. I feel like he has shunned the pedestal and walked amongst the people he serves. I see a man who wants to talk to the American people, who wants to listen to us and let us tell him what's best for the American people. He answers to us, We The People. He knows how important everyone is to the welfare of this country. And he may not have all the answers, but for once I feel like he will listen to his advisors, to the experts - Democrat or Republican - and to the people. No, he doesn't have the experience that McCain has, but leading the country isn't a closed-book final exam. He's got the resources and the judgement he needs. He wasn't in Vietnam, he doesn't have that baggage. He's not looking toward the past for the answers, he's looking to the future.That's why I am an Obamaniac. And that's why I am happier than I have been in a long time. I'm in awe that this country has finally come through. We've finally done something that, in my opinion, really is the best thing for this country. Forget black and white, I want change.

No comments: