Thursday, April 24, 2008

Living Faster, Dying Younger?

So apparently American women's life expectancy is declining. What a shock. There's this sense of shock that here, in America - one of the most developed countries in the world - women are dying younger than their grandparents.

News Flash: You didn't think that our health care system was really that adequate, did you? We spend more on healthcare than any other country, and yet our system sucks. (I should note here that yes, I did watch Sicko.) Americans are fat. Americans smoke. Americans eat crap. And wouldn't you know it, we're trying to infect the rest of the world with our crap. McDonalds in China. Now China's getting fat. When will it stop?? People all across Asia and Africa (including the Middle East) are dying from food shortages. Gee, whiz, I wonder where all that food went! Why don't we send some of our fattest fatties over there and tape a new show for the reality channels. We'll call it "Fast Fatties" and the contestants will all have to survive in the poorest villages without any money. See how fast they get slaughtered and roasted. Yum!

I apologize if I seem a little cynical, but it's somewhat disgusting that we're eating ourselves to death while half the world is starving to death. Go fig.

P.S. Arby's is buying Wendy's for more than $2M. Wendy's apparently has been struggling since the death of founder Dave Thomas in 2002. R.I.P. Dave. Damn I think I need a frosty now. *tear*

P.P.S. Costco and Sam's Club are rationing rice. I guess people are stocking up on rice. Like we're gonna starve when we run out of rice. I say stop buying rice altogether. Or buy some and send it to the Middle East. Just buy a big old bag of rice and pay the $100 in shipping and send it to some soldier in Iraq to give to some hungry family. That's what I would do. But I eat my rice. Yum.

No comments: